Australian Voices for Israel (av4i) seeks to engage a wide spectrum of Australian people in understanding and supporting the State of Israel. We aim to promote the reality of Israel, and its concerns and interactions, to politicians, the media, NGOs and the Australian public.
Aims and objectives:
1. To advocate for Israel as a lawfully-constituted sovereign state
2. To counter the demonisation of Israel in the media and by fringe political groups
3. To promote a peaceful and just resolution of the Arab-Israeli conflict based on the right of Israel
to exist as Jewish state within secure and defensible borders
4. To expose the hostility of the Arab narrative to Israel’s existence as a sovereign Jewish state
5. To reveal to Australians the widespread demonisation of Israel in the Arab and Islamic media
6. To expose anti-Semitism, particularly where it exists under the guise of ‘anti-Zionism’
7. To counter any boycott, divestment and sanction campaigns (BDS) or other attempts to delegitimise Israel
8. To offer educational and informational resources on Israel and the Middle-East.
Statement of principles: we believe in
1. The right of Israel to exist as a modern and democratic Jewish state
2. Israel’s continued protection of the rights and freedoms of all its citizens and minority groups
3. The right of the Israeli people to live within secure and defensible borders
4. The concept of ‘two states for two peoples’, with Israel accepted as the homeland of the Jewish people and the presumption that a great many Palestinian refugees and their descendents will live in a future state of Palestine
5. The right of Jews expelled from Arab lands to also have their circumstances addressed as part of
a final settlement to the conflict
6. The rejection of terrorism as a military tool
7. The rejection of Islamism as a political movement directed against Western democracies.